Digital Mental Health Policy Manager
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Eligible Grades – All
Location – St. Andrew's House, Regent Road, Edinburgh, EH1 3DG
Further Information – Staff on any working pattern may apply
This post offers an exciting opportunity to join a new Unit within an expanding and high profile policy area.
Supporting good mental health and wellbeing is a key Government priority. This has become ever more important as we transition through the COVID-19 response and recovery. Our approach is described in our recently published Transition and Recovery Plan which builds upon our existing Mental Health Strategy (2017-2027).
We are the Workforce, Digital and Primary Care Unit within the Mental Health Directorate. The Unit has overall responsibility for supporting and developing the high quality infrastructure required to ensure that people receive the right mental health support, at the right time.
Digital tools have also been a key part of our Covid-19 response, enabling services to continue despite physical restrictions. They are now an integral part of service delivery across Scotland. As Policy Manager, you will play an important role in leading and coordinating the development of mental health's digital policy. You will work with the National Advisor for Digital Mental Health and the Mental Health Digital Programme Board to develop a strategic approach to our digital mental health policy.
• Work with the National Advisor for Digital Mental Health, drawing together digital activity across the Division, to create a strategic approach to digital mental health policy.
• Provide policy support to the Digital Mental Health Programme Board, including representing Divisional interests at the Board.
• Build relationships with wider digital interests across the Health and Social Care Directorate to feed in mental health priorities.
1. Excellent analytical skills, demonstrating experience of drawing on a range of complex information or data to inform policy or decision making. Able to interrogate evidence and explicitly make the link to intended policy outcomes.
2. Proven ability to think strategically and make links across subject boundaries, and to prioritise and work flexibly.
3. Able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing at all levels.
4. Excellent stakeholder management and experience of working with Ministers and a wide range of stakeholders to achieve common goals.
Analysis and use of evidence
Communication and engagement
Provisional Dates for Sift and Assessment
Sift will be held on 6th of May and Interviews will be held on 21st of May.
Minimum Time in Post
The successful candidate will be expected to remain in post for a minimum of three years unless successful at gaining promotion to a higher Band or Grade.
In the event that further posts are required, a reserve list of successful candidates will be kept for up to nine months.
Applicants must discuss their intention to apply with their current line manager to help ensure release dates can be agreed.
Important Information Regarding Interviews
In recognition of the Scottish Government's ongoing measures and guidance in its response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to advise applicants that a decision has been taken that all interviews must be conducted in a virtual/remote setting.
In order to facilitate this new way of working, we are asking all applicants to ensure that they have a suitable space to complete the virtual interview. In addition, a personal device of choice, which has the interview application downloaded. This could be MS Teams or Webex for example. This will allow candidates to undertake the interview/assessment if selected. We are also asking you to ensure that your personal Wi-Fi/Broadband capacity will be sufficient to carry both audio and video feeds.
For information on this post please contact Claire McDermott by email at email@example.com.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the resourcing team via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligible Grades – All