Policy Manager Unscheduled Care
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Eligible Grades – All
Location – St. Andrew's House, Regent Road, Edinburgh, EH1 3DG
Further Information – Staff on any working pattern may apply
This post offers an exciting opportunity to join a new Unit within an expanding and high profile policy area.
Supporting good mental health and wellbeing is a key Government priority. This has become ever more important as we transition through the COVID-19 response and recovery. Our approach is described in our recently published Transition and Recovery Plan which builds upon our existing Mental Health Strategy (2017-2027).
We are the Workforce, Digital and Primary Care Unit within the Mental Health Directorate. The unit has overall responsibility for supporting and developing the high quality infrastructure required to ensure that people receive the right mental health support, at the right time.
As Policy Manager, you will play an important role in leading, and coordinating, the development of the Mental Health Unscheduled Care. This policy will ensure that people who present with unscheduled care needs find our various systems easy to access and are supported to the right intervention.
You will work with NHS 24, Police Scotland, the Scottish Ambulance Service and Primary Care stakeholders to implement this policy. You will also work with other policy leads and senior colleagues to develop this policy, monitor its delivery and report to the Mental Health Unscheduled Care Governance Group.
• Lead on engagement with internal colleagues and external stakeholders to develop and implement the Mental Health Unscheduled Care Policy.
• Support the Mental Health Unscheduled Care Governance Group by ensuring oversight of all work streams across the Division.
• Lead on some elements of the Mental Health Unscheduled Care work streams, including the NHS 24 Mental Health Hub and the Enhanced Mental Health Pathway.
• Management responsibility for a B2 Policy Officer.
1. Excellent analytical skills, demonstrating experience of drawing on a range of complex information or data to inform policy or decision making. Able to interrogate evidence and explicitly make the link to intended policy outcomes.
2. Proven ability to think strategically and make links across subject boundaries, and to prioritise and work flexibly.
3. Able to communicate complex information clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing at all levels.
4. Excellent stakeholder management and experience of working with Ministers and a wide range of stakeholders to achieve common goals.
Analysis and use of evidence
Communication and engagement
Provisional Dates for Sift and Assessment
Sift will be held on 6th of May and Interviews will be held on 21st of May.
Minimum Time in Post
The successful candidate will be expected to remain in post for a minimum of three years unless successful at gaining promotion to a higher Band or Grade.
In the event that further posts are required, a reserve list of successful candidates will be kept for up to nine months.
Applicants must discuss their intention to apply with their current line manager to help ensure release dates can be agreed.
Important Information Regarding Interviews
In recognition of the Scottish Government's ongoing measures and guidance in its response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to advise applicants that a decision has been taken that all interviews must be conducted in a virtual/remote setting.
In order to facilitate this new way of working, we are asking all applicants to ensure that they have a suitable space to complete the virtual interview. In addition, a personal device of choice, which has the interview application downloaded. This could be MS Teams or Webex for example. This will allow candidates to undertake the interview/assessment if selected. We are also asking you to ensure that your personal Wi-Fi/Broadband capacity will be sufficient to carry both audio and video feeds.
For information on this post please contact Claire McDermott by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the resourcing team via email@example.com.
Eligible Grades – All