Governance and Compliance Manager
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Eligible Grades – All
Location – Buchanan House, Glasgow, G4 0HF
Further Information – Staff on any working pattern may apply
Transport Scotland is the national transport agency for Scotland and is accountable to Parliament and the public through Scottish Ministers, with a budget of around £3.5 billion per year. Transport is a vital feature of the Scottish Government's focus on increasing sustainable economic growth, and transport investments and policies have major impacts on the economy, people, and the environment.
The Concessionary Travel and Integrated Ticketing Unit (CTITU) forms part of the Bus, Accessible & Active Travel Directorate within Transport Scotland.
We are responsible for:
• Operation and payments of the concessionary travel schemes, Bus Service Operator Grants and/or other operator grants including monitoring and analysis.
• Delivery of smart and integrated multi-modal ticketing and payments.
These workstreams ensure that nearly half of Scotland has access to free bus travel, as well as supporting concessionary travel on ferries, rail and inter-island flights - and delivering the Smart and Integrated Ticketing Programme, to modernise and improve smart access to public transport. The unit aims to enable modal shift and deliver key Government objectives to lower carbon emissions and take climate action.
We comprise four collaborative teams to deliver the above; Fraud & Analysis, Concessionary Scheme Operations, Corporate Programmes, Smart & Integrated Ticketing. This role is based within the Corporate Programmes Team, which is key to the smooth running of the whole unit, offering core services including marketing and communications, governance and compliance, administration and finance.
We are now seeking a Governance and Compliance Manager to ensure the Unit:
• governance and regulation processes are of the highest standard and fit for purpose
• complies with all procurement requirements and the procurement toolkit
• promotes the best use of the large amounts of data available to it to advise?policy development and the continuous improvement agenda.
• complies with all GDPR requirements.
• complies with European Regional Development Fund requirements.
• Ensure that the unit's governance procedures are reviewed annually and that, across the unit, they are implemented and monitored consistently.?This includes ensuring new services or products being introduced comply with procedural and technological process, for the Unit and Operators.
• Take the lead across all data protection and GDPR requirements across the Unit, improving the quality and managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets, including the unit's information asset register.
• Oversight of ERDF requirements, with management and maintenance (including record keeping) to ensure compliance of ERDF regulations for the Unit.
• Responsible for developing and monitoring progress with delivery of Unit business objectives, in line with overarching BAAT, TS and SG objectives, as well ensuring compliance with the Transport Scotland risk management framework, with responsibility for the upkeep and monthly update of Unit Risk Register.
• Support the Corporate Team with key communications messages including promoting governance requirements, business processes and instructions; contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the Unit in accurate and timely manner.
• Undertake and/ or oversee procurements that are required within the Unit. To ensure the procurement toolkit is adhered to and liaise with procurement colleagues at all appropriate stages.
• Provide support and resilience to other team members as required, for example acting as liaison point and advising around adherence to various governance or regulatory procedures and / or take on any other relevant duties commensurate with role within the Unit.
1. Experience of overseeing adherence to multiple governance processes, including acting as an ambassador to ensure compliance by internal and/or external stakeholders.
2. Management and maintenance of core governance and compliance artefacts, such as Risk Registers, Business / Objectives Registers, Monitoring and Evaluation spreadsheets, and / or other regulatory documentation to an extremely high quality and standard to meet and deliver to audit requirements efficiently and effectively.
3. Experience of working through Transport Scotland or Scottish Government procurement process, developing the pertinent documentation and delivering or supporting colleagues to a successful conclusion.
4. Solid understanding and demonstrable adherence for data protection, including GDPR and sensitive data assets, delivering or supporting others to meet these or similar data protection / security requirements.
Analysis and Use of Evidence
Communications and Engagement
Minimum Time in Post
The successful candidate will be expected to remain in post for a minimum of three years unless successful at gaining promotion to a higher Band or Grade.
In the event that further posts are required, a reserve list of successful candidates will be kept for up to 9 months.
Provisional Dates for Sift and Assessment
To be confirmed.
Applicants must discuss their intention to apply with their current line manager to help ensure early release dates can be agreed.
Important Information Regarding Interviews
In recognition of the Scottish Government's ongoing measures and guidance in its response to Covid-19 (Coronavirus), we would like to advise applicants that a decision has been taken that all interviews must be conducted in a virtual/remote setting.
In order to facilitate this new way of working, we are asking all applicants to ensure that they have a suitable space to complete the virtual interview. In addition, a personal device of choice, which has the interview application downloaded. This could be MS Teams or Webex for example. This will allow candidates to undertake the interview/assessment if selected. We are also asking you to ensure that your personal Wi-Fi/Broadband capacity will be sufficient to carry both audio and video feeds.
For information on this post please contact Gillian Kelly at email@example.com. To apply please complete the online application form.
If you experience any difficulties accessing our website or completing the online application form, please contact the resourcing team via firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligible Grades – All