Senior Assurance Auditor
This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Article 6 of Regulation (EU) 2017/625 requires that Competent Authorities shall carry out internal audits or have audits carried out on themselves and shall take appropriate measures in the light of the results of those audits, the Audit Assurance Branch delivers this function for FSS. In addition, the power to set standards, monitor and audit Local Authority food and feed law enforcement services was conferred on Food Standards Scotland by Sections 3 and 25 of the Food (Scotland) Act 2015 and Regulation 7 of The Official Feed and Food Controls (Scotland) Regulations 2009. FSS also carries out this function on behalf of Local Authorities who are designated Competent Authorities as detailed in Schedule 5 of The Official Feed and Food Controls (Scotland) Regulations 2009.
For the Assurance Auditor position, one of the following qualifications is required:
• Environmental Health Officer or Food Safety Officer with an appropriate qualification recognised by REHIS/ EHRB or equivalent
• The post requires a Lead Auditor qualification (e.g. UKAS ISO courses, or IRCA certified training programmes for Lead Auditor roles).
1. A comprehensive and practical understanding of the legislation and official guidance relating to food law, and the regulatory systems for delivering official controls.
2. The ability to lead, work collaboratively and operate as an effective team member with strong analytical skills, and ability to assimilate new and technical information quickly, combined with good problem solving abilities.
3. The ability for presentation of complex ideas and information clearly and succinctly, including summarising issues effectively and formulating new ideas.
4. Proven organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise workload and balance competing demands to meet deadlines and ability to take responsibility for delivering results to a high quality within given timescales and with minimum supervision.
For further information on this vacancy please download and review the “Person Specification and Further Information for Job Applicants” which you will find below. To apply, you must fully complete and submit an online application via this website before the closing date. To learn more about this opportunity, please contact Marion McArthur who can be reached at Marion.Mcarthur@fss.scot.